It’s World Backup Day on 31st March and to celebrate this we’ve put together some top tips for backing up your data.
• Remember the 3/2/1 rule – you should keep 3 copies of your data, on 2 types of media with 1 copy stored off site.
• Backup frequently – theoretically it should be daily. Daily backups will involve the least amount of recovery time since the data is only one day old.
• Encryption is essential – make sure there isn’t a “back door” that would allow someone else to view your data.
• Invest in technology that can grow with your business. Scalability is incredibly important, this way your solution can change easily as your business – and data – grows.
• Make sure you have a Disaster Recovery Plan! Read our post about this in full here https://www.ncs-support.co.uk/tips/disaster-recovery-monday/
To find out more about World Backup Day please view their poster and visit their website