These will certainly come in handy for every Windows and Mac user in your business.
Need-To-Know Keyboard Combinations for Mac:
- Command + F3: Removes all app windows from view displaying your desktop. To bring your apps back, simply press the keys again.
- Command + 1 (2, 3): You can cycle through open tabs on your browser. Just hit the corresponding number to the tab you want to open.
- Command + Semicolon: Go through all of the misspelled words in any given document.
- Command + Down Arrow: Jump to the bottom of any webpage.
- Option + Command + F: This opens the search field.
- Command + Up Arrow: Jump to the top of any webpage.
- Option + Delete: This shortcut will delete one word at a time, as opposed to one letter at a time.
- Command + Shift + T: This combination opens recently closed tabs. Perfect for those times when you accidentally close something.
- Option + Shift + Volume Up/Volume down: This will adjust your volume in smaller increments than if you were to just hit the volume controls.
- Shift + Command + Q: Log out of your user account.
Need-To-Know Keyboard Combinations for Your PC:
- Alt + Tab: Switch between open tabs.
- Win + Shift + M: Restores windows that were minimized.
- Win: Opens the start menu. (In Windows 8.1 it opens the previous window.)
- Win + A: Opens the Action Centre in Windows 10.
- Win + B: Selects the first icon in the Notification Area. You can then go through the icons with the arrow keys.
- Win + C: Shows the Charm Bar in Windows 8 and 8.1. In Windows 10 it opens Cortana.
- Win + Ctrl + B: Switches to programs indicating new messages in the Notification Area.
- Win + D: Minimizes all open windows to display the desktop.
- Win + F: Opens ‘find files and folders’.
- Win + E: Opens Windows Explorer. In Windows 10 it opens the Quick Launch by default.
- Win + L: Changes user or locks the workstation.
- Win + M: Minimizes all windows.
- Win + P: Switches operating modes to an external monitor/projector. This works for Windows 7 onwards.
- Win + R: Opens the ‘run dialog’ box.
- Win + U: Opens the Utility Manager.