Microsoft Office 2007 reaches the end of its support lifecycle in October 2017, meaning there will be no new security updates, non-security updates, free or paid assisted support options or online technical content updates. We are advising all our customers who are currently using Microsoft Office 2007 products to start planning to move to Office 365 or Office 2016.
Updating to Microsoft Office 365 is recommended for the following reasons:
- From November 2017, Outlook 2007 will not connect to Office 365 and you will not able to send or receive emails!
- It is a cloud-based solution compatible with new devices and apps
- You can work on your documents on your mobile devices
- You can collaborate in real time – team members can seamlessly share data across multiple devices and applications
- Easily back-up your important documents
- Automate software upgrades and security patches
- 24/7 web/phone support
- Increased cybersecurity due to improved features such as anti-malware and anti-spam filtering, Data Loss Prevention and security team monitoring
- Enhanced auditing, faster search and intelligent inbox capabilities of Exchange Online allow you to quickly locate an email conversation
Please call your account manager on 01706 239000 option 2 to discuss moving to Office 365 or Office 2016.